Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Just touched down!

I'm here! And I can't believe it. The flight attendants for Virgin Atlantic (which was awesome by the way) were British and had these adorable outfits and sounded like Adele when they spoke. So I already felt like I was in England! I boarded aplane last night at 9:15 and 10 hours later I was groggy and going through customs (yes, I made it through safely and wasn't thrown into jail). I'm actually in complete shock right now that I made it to my flat ok. Considering how out of it I was coming through the airport and getting on the tube it's sort of a miracle that the 15 minute walk to my apartment went without a hitch. I thought for sure that I would lose it but people were really nice and helpful and gave me directions. I already love the britts and I've only been here a couple hours!

The only downside to traveling alone is that I kept on getting really excited about things and I wanted to point them out to someone but no one was there! I'm realizing how much I miss traveling with my family. When we wer
e younger we'd always go exploring together and everyone was on the same excitement level. Actually, if my family were here with me we would never get anything done because we would be stopping every 5 seconds to look at some statue or church or bistro. The buildings here are so old and beautiful I can hardly stand it. i just want to go explore all of them!

Anyways, that was my first day. A lot of standing in lines and walking around but I'm sooo excited and relieved to be here. I think I'll go pass out now.

TTFN

(Also, I totally took some really cute pictures but I can't upload them right now...so maybe I'll just do that tomorrow. Sorry to disappoint!)



1 comment:

  1. You are anything but a dissappointment!! You are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete