Thursday, April 28, 2011

I'll sleep when I'm dead


So we've only been in London two days and already my group has decided on a theme. We've decided that the catch phrase of this trip will be, "you can sleep when you're dead". So far it has proven all too true. Right after I finished writing my blog post last night and telling you all that I would be passing out momentarily everyone came home to the flats and it was complete chaos. There was a big group going to Westminster and as much as I wanted to shower then just collapse in my bed I can't pass up a good party! I don't want to be known as lonely loser girl who goes to bed while everyone else is out exploring! So with like 2 hours of sleep in me I decided to suck it up and go. I didn't actually get to sleep until around 11 last night. But I slept well!

So here's my current dilemma. Woke up this morning, went to class, wanted to take a nap, didn't take a nap, went to primark, went to buckingham palace, explored the city, went grocery shopping, and now I'm home. I'm so ready to pass out again. But do I? Do I take the risk of choosing sleep over adventures? I keep thinking I have 6 whole weeks here so why try to push too many things into this first week but what if time goes by really fast? I don't want to miss a thing or have any regrets!

There's a group of people who are going to leave our flat at midnight to camp out for the royal wedding. Honestly, I'm not that invested in the wedding. I think Will and Kate are really cute but what is there to see? It's not like I've been invited to the ceremony. Also, I'M AMERICAN, which no one in my group seems to understand. These people are not our royalty. We have no allegiance to them so why are we as Americans making such a big deal out of this wedding? There are some girls in my group who think this attitude is blasphemous and would probably punch me in the face for that but it's true. But then again, as I've already said, I can't pass up a good party and apparently there is a VERY good party going on in Westminster right now. We were down there today and it was pure madness. Tents everywhere. People wearing masks of the queen's face. So hilarious. So maybe I'll go? I can sleep when I'm dead right....?




Also, I decided to include a picture of Gloucester Station. This is the underground stop closest to where I live. This is where I got off the train for the first time. Isn't it so cute?? Seriously ALL the buildings look like this. Everything is so old! I'm dying. The girls I travel with are making fun of me because everywhere I walk I am bumping into people. I can't focus on the road in front of me. It's actually really funny. I almost hit this guy head on yesterday because I couldn't take my eyes of this apartment building and they were like uhhh WATCH OUT! No harm done though. He's okay. Also, I haven't been hit by a car yet...heh heh It's a matter of time.

4 comments:

  1. You will hate yourself if you don't go camp out for the royal wedding. Ten years from now you will say, "What was I thinking?" On the other hand, you don't want to get sick, SO, do get some rest soon please!
    Signed,
    Your Mother!
    P.S. I LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsea, I am obsessed with your new blog. Keep writing it it. :) I am jealous of all your adventures!

    Amanda <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amanda! I wasn't sure if anyone was reading this...haha I feel like I write too much and it might be boring for you. But as soon as I get the right cord for my camera I'll get some good pictures up. I promise!
    Hope you're doing well! It would be so fun if you and my brother could be with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. chels! i love it and i am going to follow your adventures.

    ReplyDelete