Friday, May 27, 2011

Salsa night!

OOH! Before I forget. One more thing. Me and two other girls decided to go salsa dancing on Tuesday at this brazilian club. This guy in our Portuguese ward invited us. SOOOOO funny. I keep on discovering these little sub-cultures in London. Like, there are yoga masters who shop at whole foods and walk their dogs, there are grungy backpackers, there are asian tourists, nigerians, and apparently a whole community of Portuguese-speaking, fast-dancing, Brazilians. Did I understand anything they were saying? No. Did I know how to do the brazilian salsa? Of course not. Did I go anyways and dance with a million dirty older men? YES.

Luckily, the guy from our ward spoke english and basically OWNED that place. He got our friend in for free. She had forgotten her ID and they were going to send her home, then he pulled the guy aside and "took care of it". He showed us some sweet moves then went out there and he and this Brazilian girl tore the dance floor up. They were sooooo good. Watching how fast they moved and how intense it was makes me want to sign up for a salsa class when I get home. it's such a cool/beautiful dance!
Also, Paulo wouldn't stop buying us sprites. It was sweet but I was starting to get a stomach ache... :-)
A funny, unexpected night. Probably won't be going back anytime soon but it was still an adventure.


Here's a picture of the girls I went with! W're three out of the five blonde girls in our whole group. DEFINITELY a minority in that club and we were probably the only ones who had no idea what we were doing. hahah thank goodness for patient Brazilians.
Note: ignore Camille's cross eyes. She is crazy. Out to ruin all of my pictures....just kidding she's really gorgeous :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment