Friday, May 6, 2011

10 Day Mark!

Hello all!
So I've been here for about 10 days now, which is kind of hard to believe. Remember how I said those first few days dragged out and I felt like I'd been here for weeks? Now I can't believe how fast time is going! I know I still have more than 4 weeks left but it's still kind of weird. What should I do with my remaining time? We've already hit up most of the tourist sites...I guess I'll just have to get creative now :-)
So things are finally starting to slow down, meaning that we don't go out from dawn until dusk anymore. People are feeling more relaxed and we kind of aren't rushing as much which is a good thing! I think it's finally hit us that we aren't just tourists, we're students. We LIVE here. At least for the time being so it's time to start acting like Londoners!
The last really touristy thing we did was take the Big Bus tour around London. It was included in the price of our program so that was kind of cool. Here are some pictures!


This is the Big Bus! One of those classic, you sit on the top and listen to a tour guide on the microphone. I know, how lame can you get, but it was actually really cool! He had a lot of interesting facts. For example, he pointed out the lingerie store where the Queen buys her knickers :-)

This is St. Paul's Cathedral which is literally one of my FAVORITE places in the world. We didn't have enough time on this trip to do the tour or hike up to the top but I will definitely be going back to do that soon



This is the Tower Bridge! Such a beautiful structure. One picture is from driving on it and another is from the ferry which was included in the bus tour. What more could you ask for?

These are the lovely ladies I went with. Driving past Big Ben!


This is a random skate park we saw next to the national theater. I thought it was kind of rad...gave me a strange urge to paint something?


A couple other random pictures...one in Hyde park and the other on Millennium Bridge

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love it all! I hate that feeling like time is flying by and you're just trying to take in everything so it doesn't go by in a flash. It's so amazing that you get to have this experience and be somewhere you can discover new things about yourself and others. I want to hear if anything else happened with that guy! Keep up the blogging, I get to live my London dream through you:) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete